|Mead High School Wrestling|
Your 2019 Big Cats!
Enter your pins here!
- Jeff Jordan Camp, Oct 18-20, Ohio. $195 + Airfare (Big Cat scholarships $250 off the total cost)
- Lewis & Clark, Nov 2nd, Lewis & Clark High School
- Shadle Park HS, Nov 9th, Shadle Park High School
- Jeff Jordan Camp, Nov 9-10, Ohio. $350 per wrestler
- Basin Brawl, Nov 16th, Moses Lake
- Bigfoot Battle, Nov 23rd, Spokane Convention Center
- Clearwater Challenge, Dec 7th, Lapwai ID
- Tri-Cities Challenge, Dec 8th, Kennewick WA
- Victory in the Valley, Dec 15th, Granger WA
- Oregon Classic Qualifier, Jan 11th, Lagrand WA
- Oregon Classic, Jan 19th, Redmond OR
- Winter Warrior, Jan 25th, Spokane WA
- Deer Park, Feb 1st, Deer Park WA
- State Championship, Feb 23rd, Tacoma WA
- Big Cat Battle, Feb 29th, Mead WA
- Montana Open, March 28th
|Please download and read the Tourney Tips before your next tournament!
Practice Schedule for 2019:Session 1 starting October 15th at Mead HS, Everyone Tuesday and Thursday 6-8pm, for 6th grade and older Wednesday 3-4:15pm in the upper wrestling room.
Session 2 starts January 7th, 2020 at Mead HS Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-8pm.
"Like" us on Facebook!
THE BENEFITS OF WRESTLING FOR MEAD BIG CAT
Providing the best wrestling technique is a top priority to our program. Because of this we are pleased to announce that we have worked out a partnership with Coach Mark Sprague of Cobra wrestling systems for multiple times a year for him to come to Mead HS and lead camps for us. Coach Sprague has coached over 500 national champions and was the coach to our current world team coaches. We tie what coach Sprague brings into every one of our practices throughout the season. When you sign up for Big Cat wrestling you get to attend each one of Coach Spragues camps for only $50. A typical camp with Coach Sprague is $170.
Big Cat wrestling helps you travel: When you wrestle with Big Cat and ride in our 15 passanger van there is no cost to you, it is a part of your membership! When your wrestler stays in a hotel they will only pay $25 a night and if you are a chaperone you stay for free!
"Every scientific study has proven that wrestling is the most physically demanding scholastic sport offered" (Kraemer et al. 2001, Yankanich et al. 1998, Horswill 2000, and Robergs et al. 2004.)
"Why wrestlers make the best employees" -- Forbes Magazine