Mead High School Wrestling
4 of our 6 Salt Lake Wrestlers for 2019!
Enter your pins here!
- Bread and Butter Camp June 30-July 3
- January 19th, Session 1: Winter Warrior Wrestling Classic
- January 26th, Session 1 and 2: Deer Park High School. $25, no headgear or league required. Weigh-in 7-8am, wrestling starts 10am
- February 10th Tri Cities Falcon Frenzy
- February 17th, Session 1: Folkstyle State Championship, Tacoma
- February 23rd, Session 1 and 2: Bill Rogers Big Cat Battle, Mead HS
- March 2nd, Session 1 and 2: Davenport High School
- March 9th, Session 1 and 2: West Valley High School
- March 16th, Session 1 and 2: Mead High School
- March 16th, Session 1: Twin Cities Challenge
- March 23rd, Session 1 and 2: Mt Spokane High School
- March 30th, Session 1 and 2: Lakeside High School
- March 30th-31st, Session 1: Montana Open
- April 6th, Session 1 and 2: Jason Crawford, Spokane Convention Center
|Please download and read the Tourney Tips before your next tournament!
Practice Schedule: Both sessions work out at Mead HS Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-8pm.
"Like" us on Facebook!
, a 3x state champion from Mead HS and College All American (Graduated from Purdue in 2017) is available to give one on one coaching for any Mead district wrestlers 6th grade and below on Monday evenings. 1 hour time slots from 5:30pm and ending at 8:30pm. If this is something you are interested in contact Coach Golding directly at 509-496-7474.
THE BENEFITS OF WRESTLING FOR MEAD BIG CAT
Providing the best wrestling technique is a top priority to our program. Because of this we are pleased to announce that we have worked out a partnership with Coach Mark Sprague of Cobra wrestling systems for multiple times a year for him to come to Mead HS and lead camps for us. Coach Sprague has coached over 500 national champions and was the coach to our current world team coaches. We tie what coach Sprague brings into every one of our practices throughout the season. When you sign up for Big Cat wrestling you get to attend each one of Coach Spragues camps for only $50. A typical camp with Coach Sprague is $170.
Big Cat wrestling helps you travel: When you wrestle with Big Cat and ride in our 15 passanger van there is no cost to you, it is a part of your membership! When your wrestler stays in a hotel they will only pay $25 a night and if you are a chaperone you stay for free!
"Every scientific study has proven that wrestling is the most physically demanding scholastic sport offered" (Kraemer et al. 2001, Yankanich et al. 1998, Horswill 2000, and Robergs et al. 2004.)
"Why wrestlers make the best employees" -- Forbes Magazine